Sunday, May 18, 2008

Under the Weather

I wanna sleep..and drink at the same time...
We have had some minor drama with Drew in the last week or so. On the evening of Mothers Day Drew suddenly had a fever and was cuddly/clingy. We gave him Motrin and thought he must be teething or fighting a cold. ALL day Monday he just wanted to be held and cuddled. NO tears unless we put him down. I thought when I dont feel good I just wanna lay down too but then Tuesday he was still the same so we took him into the Clinic. The Docs say he has an ear infection in BOTH ears. So we got medicine for him and home we went. Well on Wed we had lunch with friends outside and he was looking like he was getting a rash on his forehead. We thought okay its from being in the sun. Well Thursday morning it was almost all over his body and def worse. He was playing like normal but under the advice from a trusted friend, Susan, we called our Docs. They put me on hold and came back to tell me to take him to the ER-they thought he was having a reaction to his antibiotics! Boy did not expect that one!! My parents had just come in the night before so my Mom and I left to pick up Jason to go with us. They are not sure if it was a reaction to the meds or if it was a viral infection that just presented itself but they have taken him off the "pink stuff" and put him on something different along with two other meds to take the rash away and keep it at bay. We go for his 9 mos check up and followup this week! Poor guy has had a rough week!

1 comment:

Jason & Ashley said...

: ( We hope you are feeling better, little Drew!